Who is on YOUR Team?
Are you and local medical providers on the Same Team?
Dr. Josh Yellen is the program director for the University of Houston MAT program. He must build relationships with local medical providers to give his students the best possible exposure. He is teaching his students to be on the same team and build each other up as we grow in the medical profession.
What are you doing?
What have you done that has worked in building relationships with local medical providers?
Have you gone out and met any of our local providers?
Have you brought other medical professionals into your Athletic Training Clinic so they can see what you do or even co-treat athletes?
Here is what we recommend:
- Create a one page letter to give to local medical providers
- Ask to meet with the office manager
- Ask what their rehab protocols are for certain injuries
- Invite them to join you for day in the clinic or sidelines
- Attend workshops outside of your normal domain
- Set up a training for equipment removal and invite the local EMS and standalone ER clinics
Want some more resources?
Brendan Moriarty messaged me on Facebook to ask about billing as an AT after the show:
Dr, Yellen, Forrest Pecha, and Joe Greene all sent him some information about billing as an AT.
Guidance on Billing and reimbursement for Athletic Trainers Article
Have a business Idea?
Athletic Training needs people who are willing to challenge the norm. At Innovate AT
you can join a group of like minded ATs who are trying something new.
Dr. Yellen said we do not understand the business of medicine… so with Innovate AT we are trying to be in business.