Dr. Mark Knoblauch and Dr. Jeff Konin join forces to teach us about publishing a book.
I am an AT, I Can't Publish a Book
This is pretty much the statement I said to Dr. Knoblauch when he suggested the topic.
But then he mentioned our adoption story. we now have experience with the system, emotions, training, rejections.
Sometimes publishing a book is only to have your story written down.
Others it is to entertain someone
Furthermore others are written for education.
Some of the discussion topics:
- Book idea conception and design (when/how to turn a thought into a book)
- Publishing process
- Getting a publisher and/or agent
- What is involved (writing, editing, formatting, cover design, marketing, obtaining reviews)
- Expenses involved for self-publishing (cover design, ISBN, etc.)
Why Dr. Konin and Knoblauch?
Dr. Konin has a little experience…
- Author of 24 published textbooks, actively working on writing 3 textbooks now
- Books have been translated in Spanish, Portuguese, and Korean
- Special Tests for Orthopedic Examination in its 5th Edition, Allied Health Best Seller first published in 1997
- Author of 30 textbook chapters
- Has published for Slack, Human Kinetics, Elsevier, and self-published
Dr. Knoblauch owns a publishing company
- Certified as an athletic trainer since 1996, as CSCS since 1997, and licensed as LAT since 1999.
- PhD in Kinesiology, Post-doc in Molecular Physiology and Biophysics 2012
- Ten published books, several in development
- Published book topics include vestibular disorders, special diets, running, time management
- Publishing includes both self-published (print-on-demand) and direct-to-publisher
Dr. Jeff Konin – firstname.lastname@example.org
These people LOVE ATs and help the SMB pay the bills:
Frio Hydration – Superior Hydration products.
MioTech – meeting all of your sports medicine supply needs
PhysicalTherapy.com – use promo code “1FREECOURSE” to start for free
Donate and get some swag (like Patreon but for the school)
DragonflyMax – one-stop EMR
HOIST – no matter your reason for dehydration DRINK HOIST
MedBridge Education – Use “TheSMB” to save some, be entered in a drawing for a second-year free, and support the podcast.
Marc Pro – Use “THESMB” to recover better.