How can I become an Athletic Director?
Many ATs have moved on to Administration. Ross Cooper is an Athletic Director and Athletic Trainer for Detroit County Day Schools.
John Ciecko gets to the point to figure out how he got there and how you can follow Ross's path.
Here are a few key points from Ross Cooper
- Experienced ATs already perform many of the duties of an Athletic Director
- You have to be willing to get out of your comfort zone
- Exposure to multiple leaders and leadership styles is beneficial
- Self-Reflection is crucial
- Relationships with each person are important – never know who is watching
- Be a good listener
Ross also mentioned he took the schedules and policies and made them all digital. Using a system like Dragonfly MAX can help an Athletic Trainer reduce paper work, streamline the PPE process and improve communication with coaches, parents, and athletes
Want to reach out to Ross?
Connect with him on Linkedin
Have some praises?
Send them to John on twitter