“We have to elevate Athletic Trainers.” This has been a driving force for me since I became a director of athletic accounts at Henry Schein. – Eric Kearns
Rising Star Award –
Shortlink – sportsmedicinebroadcast.com/RisingStarAward
- How can we give back and elevate?
- What are some of the conflicts ATs are dealing with?
- It is peer-nominated and voted on
- Less than 5 years of experience
- Previous winners become judges as well
- Happens during NATM – so each March
What is your first memory of an AT?
- Jim M. at the University of Kentucky
- Had to fill the role of a previous AT with a great relationship
- We did not have an AT as hockey players growing up in New York
- Here is your one shot to make our relationship work
First “normal year” post-pandemic what are ATs needing
- Stuff delivered on time…that is the biggest struggle.
- The rising cost of goods is also an issue for everyone.
Favorite use of space tip you give to ATs?
- Eric Kearns was a contractor for years before coming to sales so this is great for me.
- Start with the big objects and work from there
- Tables can only go in certain areas.
- A turf workout area is a really awesome concept that provides greater rehab opportunities.
Call to action:
For more information about Henry Schein Medical’s Athletics and Schools business, click here.
Connect with us on our social channels:
LinkedIn: Henry Schein Medical, https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/henry-schein-medical
Twitter: @HScheinMedical, https://twitter.com/hscheinmedical
Instagram: @henryschein, www.instagram.com/henryschein
Facebook: @HenryScheinAthletics, https://www.facebook.com/HenryScheinAthletics/
Phone: Cell – 631-793-5020
These people LOVE ATs and help the SMB pay the bills:
Frio Hydration – Superior Hydration products.
MioTech – meeting all of your sports medicine supply needs
PhysicalTherapy.com – use promo code “1FREECOURSE” to start for free
Donate and get some swag (like Patreon but for the school)
DragonflyMax – one-stop EMR
HOIST – no matter your reason for dehydration DRINK HOIST
MedBridge Education – Use “TheSMB” to save some, be entered in a drawing for a second year free, and support the podcast.
Marc Pro – Use “THESMB” to recover better.