Career Advancement brought Bre'Layshia Alexander from working intermediate athletics to her current role with Baylor Scott and White. She discussed this all with Joseph Eberhardt live at SWATA 2023.
Sponsored by San Antonio Sports Medicine
What are the goals of the Career Advancement Committee?
- Chaired by Bre’Layshia
- Split from the young professional committee
- 7-12 years in the profession
- Everyone on our committee presented at SWATA 23
The Career Advancement Committee also hosts a scavenger hunt for prizes to increase engagement.
Student workshop highlights:
- Resume workshop
- Career Advancement talks
- Tools on how to advance your pay or benefits
- Life Balance options
How do we contact the Career Advancement group?
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook Bre’Layshia
Where did you get into AT?
- I was a cheerleader in high school and band in high school. After not making the team I searched for a way to be on the sidelines.
- I became a student aide for 1.5 years in high school
- Graduated from Texas State and got a job in Temple.
- After 3 years as a middle school AT I knew I had to move on
- Now a physician liaison with BSW
What is your role with TSATA?
- Recently passed legislation that opens up jobs and expands the scope of an ATs practice.
These people LOVE Athletic Trainers and help support the podcast:
Frio Hydration – Superior Hydration products.
Donate and get some swag (like Patreon but for the school)
HOIST – No matter your reason for dehydration DRINK HOIST
MedBridge Education – Use “TheSMB” to save some, be entered in a drawing for a second year free, and support the podcast.
Marc Pro – Use “THESMB” to recover better.