Did you know your concussion may just be an imbalance…
Dr. Mark Knoblauch shares some personal and professional experience in dealing with / treating these concussion like symptoms.
So it is not a concussion?
Here is the scenario:
- Athlete hit in the head,
- Has balance problems
- No trouble with memory
- Head only hurts at the spot of impact
Is this athlete going to be put under Concussion RTP?
So what are we looking at then?
Dr. Mark Knoblauch joins us to discuss vestibular injuries….which might not actually be concussions.
Email Dr. Knoblauch to receive his free gift –
Some of the topics Mark covers include:
- Why do you have an interest in vestibular disorders?
- Tell me about your own personal history with
- Explain how the vestibular system works?
- What are some of the signs and symptoms of the more common vestibular disorders?
- What is the prevalence of some of these disorders?
- If these disorders are prevalent, as you say, why do you think that there is very little attention in education about them?
- What are some of the disorders or conditions that can result from the vestibular system?
- What treatments are available
- How do some of the vestibular disorders differ from concussions,
- How can athletic trainers differentiate the two types of conditions?
- What kind of education do we need specific to teaching our profession and students more about vestibular disorders?
These people LOVE ATs and help the SMB pay the bills:
Frio Hydration – Superior Hydration products.
MioTech – meeting all of your sports medicine supply needs
PhysicalTherapy.com – use promo code “1FREECOURSE” to start for free
DragonflyMax – one-stop EMR
HOIST – no matter your reason for dehydration DRINK HOIST
MedBridge Education – Use “TheSMB” to save some, be entered in a drawing for a second-year free and support the podcast.